Anyone can learn to be an investor and develop their own financial plan with a modest amount of time and effort. There is a vast amount of resources available to the DIY investor, however, DIY financial planning and investing is not for everyone. Having an understanding of what is involved is a key component in making the right decision for you.
How your money personality affects your share investing
- Understand how your personality traits, which affect how you think, feel and act, impact your investment decisions.
Hire a finance professional or go DIY?
- One of the biggest reasons it is difficult to give up control and let an adviser manage our money is because money has an emotional component to it.
- Ironically, that’s also the reason to allow someone else to take charge sometimes! Learn more about why you might consider using a professional in this article on the US site Forbes.
Manage your own investments
- Investors have unprecedented access to investment information and education, especially online. Can, or even, should you manage your own investments, is a challenging question that requires honest self-evaluation to answer.
5 good reasons to hire a professional
- Yes you can become a DIY investor but many people still need individual advice where a financial professional could add value. This article is US based but with only limited reference to US products, the author’s observations can apply internationally.
Keys to successful investing
- Investing is simple but that doesn’t mean it is easy. This article explores the behaviours necessary for investing success.
Principles for investing success
- Vanguard suggests focusing on the factors within your control can be an effective way to achieve successful long-term investing results.
The Disposition Effect
- Learn more about the Disposition Effect – why selling losers and letting winners run is hard to do.
Characteristics of highly successful investors
- What special characteristics do highly successful investors have that you don’t?