The goal of the 'Own your financial future' workshop is to empower women with an understanding of basic investment and financial concepts knowledge. Another objective is to give women the confidence to have conversations with their partners, children and financial advisers about how the investments and finances are structured.
The workshops will help you:
- cut through the jargon about finance and investing
- understand what a financial plan is
- clarify the different options for managing your super
- help you discuss your financial goals
- learn how to source a professional adviser
- help you become familiar with the types of questions financial professionals are likely to ask
- develop the confidence to talk to the financial professionals and family and not be bamboozled!
These workshops are geared towards women who have never been involved in managing their finances or investments.
If you have never attended an education event about managing finances or investments, or do not know where the funding for your retirement comes from, you will benefit from these workshops.
Katie Whiffen, Director, The Retirement Blueprint
Katie has 25 years of financial services experience, is a licensed financial adviser and is a founding member of the Profession of Independent Financial Advisers.
Her business, The Retirement Blueprint, aims to tip the balance of tip the balance of financial knowledge and power back into your hands, where it belongs, so you can design a retirement to look forward to!