Seeking new Directors
The ASA is an independent, not-for-profit, member funded, organisation that has grown to be the major autonomous body representing retail Australian investors.
The ASA also helps its members improve their investment knowledge through its educational offerings.
Monitored and supervised by a Board of Directors, there is a National Office in Sydney's CBD, and State branches across Australia.
The role of the board is to ensure the objectives of the association are achieved in an effective and efficient way with an emphasis on growing membership and benefits for all members nationally.
Directors of the Australian Shareholders' Association have predominantly been drawn from the membership, with business experience and involvement in ASA education or advocacy. ASA encourages independent thinking and diversity. Board positions are unpaid.
Currently board meetings are held 4 times per year. Other meetings take place by teleconference as needed.
ASA wishes to broaden its board capability by appointing one or more persons with the background, skills and qualifications outlined below. One appointment includes a suitably qualified finance person to join the board and to Chair the Finance, Audit & Risk Committee in due course.
Applicants must have current experience, skill and qualifications in some or all of the following
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Business process development, organisation and change management
- Financial and risk management, risk monitoring and financial reporting experience with current CPA or CA qualification
- Membership/retail marketing and related e-marketing
- Information technology systems suited to small business including CRM management
- Business networking and development in financial and related services, investment and funds management advice
- Design and development of educational programs including: training, certification, mentoring etc.
- Commercial and contract law
- Proactive policy formulation, advocacy and presentation to relevant government bodies on financial market and regulatory issues
- Board experience and current knowledge of Directors duties and responsibilities (legal, ethical and fiduciary) with strong personal governance
Please email your covering letter addressing the criteria above and CV to: