ASA's Stock Market Course
Welcome to the ASA’s Stock Market Video Course.
This course will provide you with an introduction to the practical aspects of investing in shares if you want to be an active investor. For those who choose to outsource their investment decisions, the course will enable you to better communicate with and understand the investment professionals involved with your portfolio.
On completion of this course you will:
- Have an overview of investing in the stock markets
- Appreciate the risks involved in investing and understand how these risks can be managed
- Understand the need for an investment plan
- Have an overview of fundamental and technical analysis
- Understand several methods for selecting a stock
- Understand how to use a broker and buy a stock
This course has been developed by Bill Dodd, an experienced investor whose aim is to provide education and information to investors to empower them to become confident, independent investors. Bill is a retired academic, and has been a private investor/trader for more than 20 years. His analytical approach allowed him to emerge unscathed from the 2008 bear market but he was concerned at the significant financial losses incurred by his friends and relatives. As a result, Bill developed education courses for investors.
Introductory material and explanatory resources on how to use Incredible Charts and more are available here.