The goal of the 'Own your financial future' workshop is to empower women with an understanding of basic investment and financial concepts knowledge. Another objective is to give women the confidence to have conversations with their partners, children and financial advisers about how the investments and finances are structured.
The workshops will help you:
- cut through the jargon about finance and investing
- understand what a financial plan is
- clarify the different options for managing your super
- help you discuss your financial goals
- learn how to source a professional adviser
- help you become familiar with the types of questions financial professionals are likely to ask
- develop the confidence to talk to the financial professionals and family and not be bamboozled!
These workshops are geared towards women who have never been involved in managing their finances or investments.
If you have never attended an education event about managing finances or investments, or do not know where the funding for your retirement comes from, you will benefit from these workshops.
Elizabeth Moran, regular commentator for The Australian and financial analyst
Elizabeth has worked in banking and finance for over 20 years holding a range of positions in communications, retail and institutional lending and investments. Most recently she was Director Education and Research for fixed income broker FIIG Securities, specialising in corporate bonds, hybrids and deposits. Previously she was an analyst for NatWest Markets in London and Commonwealth Bank in Melbourne.
Elizabeth has delivered presentations across Australia working with the Australian Shareholders Association, Morningstar, ASX, Switzer and Eureka Report as well as others.
She has been writing a column for The Australian newspaper for over five years. For more information, please see her LinkedIn profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabeth-moran-aus/